Sunday, May 17, 2009

tired

Cory was very tired today. He said (using our outstanding lip reading skills that we have developed) that he over did it in PT yesterday and his muscles are very sore today. I am noticing that as time is going on and, some of his feeling is coming back that he is very very sensitive to things. For example, he doesn't have much control of his arms (its getting better though) so yesterday after he lifted them up to try to touch his nose he was laying his arm back down on the pillow and his hand came down a little faster than he anticipated (which wasn't very fast to you or I) and he felt like he smacked his hand on the rail of the bed and it brought him to tears literally. I think that as his nerves come back and begin to heal that maybe for a while they will be sending the wrong, or different, signals to his brain. I dint know if that's totally true but another example of this is when I rub his feet at times he says it feels like they are on fire when I touch and other times it feels like shots of pain. But all in all touch = pain for Cory right now. With the exception of his head...he LOVES it when we rub his face with a wet wash cloth and scratch his head. He says that where he has the most feeling.

I am not sure why but Cory has been so HOT lately...o ya maybe because its like 110 degrees outside alreay. But ya, he is loving the fan (except for the fact that its drying out his eyes even with the millions of eye drops that I put in them). And, he is loving the ice pack behind his neck. But seriously he is really sweaty all the time, I think hes just trying to freeze me out.

We are still not moved to the new facility yet so hopefully tomorrow. Today, other than Cory just being tuckered out, not to much went on. His grandma from Utah was able to come down and see him. Also, Sundays bring lots of family and visitors so that always helps the days go by faster. I think Cory's favorite part of the day was when we brought the girls to see him. The one exciting part about moving to the new facility is that we will be way closer to home and its not as strict as the Critical Care unit, so more visitors will be welcomed and NEEDED!!! So hopefully Cory will be able to see his girlfriends (R & S) a lot more during the week.

I feel a little bad that I might not be seeing and recording as much progress as I should but when I am there all day everyday I guess I miss some of the little changes but everyone who comes in these days that haven't seen him for a week or so say that they are amazed at how much better he looks to them. (it could be that they aren't drugging him nearly as much as they were now that he is on the trake instead of being intubated down the back of his throat.) So that is encouraging to hear.

1 comment:

  1. Cory and Chaney, We are thinking of you daily and keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete