Monday, May 11, 2009

The New Bed

Yesterday I forgot to mention that they moved Cory to a vibrating bed. I guess this is part of his physical therapy. Chaney saw it for the first time this morning and was laughing cause the first 10 minutes they turn it on it basically beats him and she said he just bounces all around. The last 10 minutes it just vibrates which is good for his muscles. We asked him if he likes his new bed and he nodded yes. For the first time today Chaney was able to play some music and it was soothing until the phone conversation Chaney and I were having became too much. He was getting anxious, so Chaney had to say good bye to me and the music. The doctors are going to do a few more respiratory test today to see if Cory is getting any stronger. If that is the case, which they seem hopeful, then maybe....just maybe they can forgo the tracheotomy. I think they are at least going to hold off today anyway. It is early and things could change, but that is where things stand right now.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry Cory is having to go through this, but this to shall pass. My older brother Ted also had Guillian-Barre Syndrome and was in bad shape. It was something that just took some time for him to overcome. The IVIG is the best thing for him and it helped my brother so much. Emily, my wife, and I will remember to keep all of you in our prayers. I know you probably have all the help you need but we are more then willing to lend a helping had with any food or babysitting that is needed.
    Levi and Emily Yeager

    ReplyDelete