Thursday, May 28, 2009

I swear....

Well my dad would tell me "Chaney don't swear" but seriously life is weird....

Yesterday there wasn't really too much to report so I took a day off from the blog. The only really significant things that happened was in PT Cory sat on the side of the bed and did some trunk exercises to try and strengthen his "core" muscles. And then the really exciting thing that happened was during speech therapy she decided that he is doing so well that she started him on a puree diet. So he was able to start getting food trays...he has done really well on it too. The food is a little scary looking and he doesn't really touch the mashed up bread haha but really who would.

Then today, again, was a pretty relaxed...until....

I went home for about an hour and Cory's mom called me and said "Somethings wrong with Cory he is having a lot of pain in his stomach and he is having trouble breathing"

So here we go again...I rushed down to the hospital and about 20min later we were on our way back to the hospital.

I am literally sitting here in the ER right now with two nurses pushing IV meds in and the other one is trying to get another IV line into Cory's other arm. They did an x-ray and an ultra sound and a urine analysis because there was blood in his catheter when we got here and everything came back ok. But they are going to do a CT scan in a few min because his lower left lobe in is lung still has a weird spot in it. So I will post tomorrow the results of that.

I must say that I am scared right now. I am sure everything will be fine but the unknown is always terrifying.

Cory is not too excited to be here but he is most disappointed that today was shower day and he missed it. haha.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the change. your family is in our prayers. Joshua McRae my husband was wondering if he could come visit sometime. They use to be roommates. cassimcrae@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete