Thursday, May 14, 2009

G-tube

Well they decided since they don't feel like the feeding tube is going anywhere anytime soon that they are going to go ahead and take it out of his nose and put it directly into his stomach. He is in the OR right now getting that procedure done. They call it a G-tube.

Some good news today...as I was driving to the hospital the nurse called me and said that Cory was asking if I was planning on coming to the hospital (haha he is such a weirdo I come everyday at 9 am because that is when visiting hrs. start and I havent missed a day yet) anyways and she said that the case manager that is over Cory wanted to speak to me. So I got super nervous because first I thought "o great Cory is already asking for me this must mean that it was a horrible night AGAIN" and secondly "o great they want to talk to me about insurance and I am going to have to battle that now too"

So, when I got here Cory was...are you ready for this...He was is such a GREAT mood. I couldn't believe it. I guess they gave him some miraicle drug and he was able to get 6HRS OF SLEEP!!!!! FINALLY!!!!! Also, PT was there when I arrived and they sat him up in a chair and he loved it. He sat for a good hr. It was amazing. And for some reason the pump on his trake wasnt filled ( i really dont know what that means) so Cory was able to figure out a way (dont ask me how) to talk to me. So for a few min. before the nurse walked in a figured out that the pump wasnt filled we were able to talk again. O man it was so sweet to talk to my sweet heart. I have missed him.

And Corys strength in his upper body has really improved so much. He was wiggling back and forth in his chair like he was dancing. Sandly still not much improvement in his lower body but hey we will take what we can get.

Now I know you are dying to know about the case worker part. Well we are good to go on that front too. What a BLESSING!!!!!

The Critical Care team also talked to us about moving Cory to what they call an "acute care facility" which is a good thing because that means they can see enough improvement for him to be able to start on the road to recovery. So I will be visiting the different facilities tomorrow to decide where we go from here.

WOW!! Is all I can say. I know that we still have months of recovery ahead of us but I am just so glad that we are at least not still going downward.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I have felt every prayer that was said for Cory last night about his peace of mind...He was like a new person today. Please keep praying for him.

xoxo-
Chaney

6 comments:

  1. Chaney,
    If you don't mind, let me know your options for the Acute Care Facility and I'll see if Brantley's place is on the list. Loved it there. We'll be over to visit tomorrow afternoon.
    ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful!!! It is so good to hear some positive news. I am so happy for you that you were able to talk to your dear husband, that must have been such a sweet moment. Our prayers continue on and hopefully so will his progress. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...that is awesome that you were able to talk! You can't keep car salesmen quiet for long! It must have been those darn ice chips!
    So happy things are moving up. We're praying that he will continue to get better & better!
    Love you guys...Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been following your blog ever since I found it and I am so happy to hear that he is making progress. My prayers continue to go out to you and your lil family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears are swelling up in my eyes. I remember once hanging out at Cory's with a bunch of people way back in the day, he told me about all the cool fish in his huge tank and I could just tell he had a real zest for life. his zest and of course all those prayers are going to get him through this. Chaney, you are ONE STRONG WOMAN! I am PROUD of you!

    ReplyDelete