Wednesday, May 13, 2009

more from today....

this is Chaney...ice chips Cory wants ice chips...and poor guy cant have them yet because he is still not able to control his muscles inside his neck and throat. I am not going to lie I think I might have caught him chewing a few...I swear I don't know how they jumped out of my cup into his mouth. :( even though he has an IV drip with fluids and a feeding tube he is so thirsty.

A close friend of ours was able to come take a shift today which was a lot of help. Also, this afternoon he was able to get a few good naps. However, while he was sleeping his heart rate sky rocketed. It was getting into the 130's and he spiked a fever at 102 so they are doing some blood tests to see if something else is wrong.

Cory has really been down today and I hope its not because he knows there is something else wrong, which unfortunately he is usually right when he tells me there is. So we will see, hopefully later tonight we will have the blood tests results back.

Cory did get the trake put in yesterday and he is still recovering from that. Because the trake is still full time connected to the ventilator we are having to come up with clever ways to communicate. We were using a communication board but he is no longer able to see the board clearly so, we have found that the best method is to play 20 questions. I just start from the top of his head and work my way down and eventually I ask the right question and we are able to address the problem. Cory had wanted me to make flash cards but I think using those would take just as long as this method. Maybe tomorrow I will get adventurous and play the game backwards starting from is feet up. :)

I just want to say it again to everyone. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of the prayers, love and support. I know that is what is keeping me buoyed up throughout all of this, and Cory can feel it too. Love to ALL!!!

-Chaney

2 comments:

  1. Still praying for you. I check the blog everyday. Wish I could be there to help support you Chaney and to harass you Cory. Not sure what I would harass you about at the moment but I am sure if I was there I could come up with something.... love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thought you should know that we are sending lots of love and thoughts and prayers your way from New Mexico. Cory is being prayed for in the Albuquerque Temple as well.

    I just can't help but think about his girls as well. I am so impressed and at times so overwhelmed by the strength of these little spirits who are being born now in this world and with trials they are growing up in. I am impressed by your daughters Cory and Chaney. What special little people.

    Joy and Jason Payne Family

    ReplyDelete