Friday, May 8, 2009

Chaney called this morning and had remembered a few more details. A few months back, Cory had a case of MRSA. I know, lucky Cory right! Anyway he happened to mention this to the doctors on Monday night. When he woke up Tuesday morning, everyone, I mean Doctors, Nurses, and Visitors, were wearing these yellow gowns and gloves. This disoriented him and gave him quite a bit of anxiety, attributing to the especially bad mood that day. They are taking nose swabs daily and yes, he is still testing positive for MRSA. This does not effect him so much right now, the staff just has to take extra care as they travel from patient to patient.

Chaney has been at the hospital all day and not much has changed, except he can sleep at night cause they leave him sedated then. He was happy to hear about the blog and said his tounge was dry. I guess they have these pink swab things Chaney likes to call lollipops to add moisture to his mouth for that, but since he cant swallow, the moisture just pools at the back of his throat. He also recieved another IVIG.

Just a side note, the one part of his body that is working accutely well is his brain. He is taking it all in. The nurses keep saying he wont remember any of this. Normal Cory would agree, however, as one of the nurses told Chaney to not stress over trying to understand him right now cause he wouldnt remember anyway, Cory got pretty upset. People keep talking to him like he is a child or incoherrent. That is NOT his problem, so his frustration ever grows on that front. He really does appreciate all of the support he is getting. So many friends and family have gone to see him and have taken shifts to sit at the hospital, and he is aware of everyone. So big love to his support crew and all who are praying for him.

7 comments:

  1. I hope things get better soon. MRSA is a scary thing! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sad to hear about this! What a scary thing to deal with. Just wanted to let you know that us up in Utah are pullin for you as well. Chaney be strong! I'm sure this trial is going to bring your family closer than ever. Cory be a fighter! We love you guys!

    Courtney and Landon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so hard to read. It brings back so many hard memories for me. My name is Desiree (Desi Martinez) Thomas and I grew up friends with Becky (Lavender)Lucas. I want you to know how much my heart goes out to you. My prayers will be with you everyday and I pray that Cory and his family with have the strength they need to get through this. I am so sorry that you have to go through this and if there is anything, ANYTHING AT ALL, that I can do to help or ease a burden I would be more than happy to do so. My home is welcome to children who need watching or open to making a meal etc. God bless you all at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chaney! Oh my gosh, I am so sorry you guys are going though this! I got the link from your facebook and couldn't believe what I was reading! We are definitely praying for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog from a link on someone else's blog. I live in CA and originally am from UT. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Just put everything in the Lord's hands and everything will work out. He has a plan for you, and He has faith in you! You and your family are in our prayers. Keep fighting! He will get through it!! There is hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chaney, I am so sorry to hear about this. It breaks my heart. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about you and your family's trial. I found your blog from a link of my friend who found it from her friend. I am in school to be a RN in AZ and my heart truly goes out to you. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and that He may recover quickly and that those lil girls may have their daddy back. "Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not unto thine own understanding..."

    ReplyDelete