Saturday, May 16, 2009

Still Waiting

They gave our bed away...yup that's right the bed that we were supposed to get at the new facility was given away last night so we are still at the Mayo waiting for a bed to open up. We actually didn't even know that they gave the bed away until about 3pm. So poor Cory, who whenever we schedule something, had really got his hopes up and was all psyched to go and then they came in and told us the bad news.

From my stand point I am really happy actually because I was nervous to move him only after really 2 uphill days. So for me the fact that Cory will be under more watchful care for a few more days is GOOD NEWS!!!

As far as Cory's improvement I think we have hit the plateau. He really isn't having any significant changes in the past few days. He does still have the trake in and they are slightly lowering the levels to maybe start weening him off. Other than that no big NEWS per say to talk about. PT did get him back on the tilt table today and Cory loved it. He says its so good to be up and it makes his breathing a lot easier but he still only can tolerate about 15 mins max. His strength and control in his upper body is still there and not decreasing so that is still good.

That's about it for today. Hopefully tomorrow a bed will open up and we can start, for Cory's sake, moving on.

2 comments:

  1. Chaney,
    I just want you to know that I am praying for Cory and your family! I think of you often and can't imagine the ups and down you are experiencing. The one thing I do know is that you are strong and the Lord will help you and your sweet family through this! Keep the faith and stay strong! Lots of love
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to read of the improvements. This week marks one year since Lucy's "graduation". It is hard to believe. Difficult experiences. You are handling this difficult experience with grace. We are still praying for you. Keep up the good work. I hope to see you soon. We love you.

    ReplyDelete