Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Time flys where you are having fun!!!

So we have a lot to update...

First, the Dr. said that after he looked again at the ultra sound results and consulted with the ultra sound tech. that he feels like everything should be fine. The blood clots are there but they are small enough to be taken care of with medicine. Cory is now sporting some very sexy thigh high compression socks aka women's nylons but hey I guarantee that by the end of the week everyone will be coping his awesome fashion sense.

Now, last week Cory said that he had a surprise for me and said that sometime this week he was going to be getting a "day pass" to come home for one day. So I asked if he could get it for Sunday because it was his BIRTHDAY and FATHERS DAY!!!! and guess what he got it. We were so so so surprised.

So Sunday morning I got to the hospital at 6:30am we got him showered and dressed got the meds. and by 8:15 am we were on our way home. It was a little scary but very exciting. On Sat. I had come down to help Cory learn how to get in and out of the car and then how to fold up the wheel chair so that it would fit into the trunk. We have a big car but Cory wouldn't be able to get up into it so I brought Cory's dads small car....so in order to fit the wheel chair in I had to take it apart into what felt to me like a MILLION PIECES!!! and let me tell you I swear it turned into 2 million pieces in the HOT Arizona SUN!!! So after I loaded him and the chair up we were well on our way home.

When we got home Rubi was still in her bed so Cory got to go in and get her....she was SOOOOOO excited to see Dad at home. Then Rubi, Scotti and I gave Cory his first gift of the day which was a DVD that I made of pictures of this last year of Cory and his girls. He of course loved it and cried the whole time...it was really sweet.

Next, he was feeling so good that he decided that he wanted to go to church about an hour before it started...soooo on even a "normal" Sunday an hour wouldn't be a do-able task but some how we got to church and we were only 5 min late. It was really amazing for Cory to be there.

We decided to only stay for the first hour of church because we felt a little over whelmed. After church I still needed to get Cory's main gift and his family was coming over later that night so we needed to get some things for the PARTY!!! So we headed to Costco. YUP that's RIGHT I can now officially be committed to the LOONEY BIN!!!! I took Cory and Rubi. Cory pushed himself all around the store and enjoyed EVERY SAMPLE (no joke) he could get his hands on. I was on a mission to get the heck out of there so every time I turned around to make sure he was still following me I saw his little short head rolling to the next sample station. HAHA at the time I was too stressed to see the humor but now looking back it was pretty cute. He was loving it. And after all it was HIS birthday so I am glad he was enjoying himself. So 5 pizzas, 1 birthday cake, salad, his new VIDEO CAMERA (to help document this craziness, and 3 hot dogs later, we were finally done with our store outing.

Finally after getting in and out of the car (what felt to me like 50 more times) we finally made it back home. We relaxed there for a couple hours and then our extended family came over to help us Celebrate. It was a good time filled with dancing, eating, singing, DVD watching, and lots of talking. Thank you to all of our family for coming over and helping us celebrate not only Cory's birthday and fathers day but also Cory's first day home. We really enjoyed it.

So by 9:30pm we had tucked the girls into bed which was very bitter sweet and we took Cory back to the hospital for hopefully only 10 more days.

It was a lot of fun and a lot easier on Cory then he thought it would be....and a lot MORE work for me than we thought it would be but all in all it was good to see what life will be like when Cory finally gets home.

Now, yesterday, Monday the big thing that happened was Cory walked with a WALKER for the first time. I wasn't there but it is such a blessing that he is progressing so fast. We are so grateful for this HUGE MILESTONE. And then again today he was able to walk even farther and it was even easier for him.

thank you all for the prayers. I know that's what has made all of this possible.

PS.

This new song was put on per. request of one of Corys therapists. HA HA good song!!!

3 comments:

  1. Earlier tonight I read your saturday blog. I came upstairs to call and see how things had turned out. By chance I checked again and here is the "rest of the story" Congratulations Cory!! He is doing so great. Let's hope this trial is over soon than later. And Chaney, I am so proud of you and how you are handling this. You are working so hard too, demonstrating great strength, and finding out what both you and Cory are made of. You go girl. Love Leila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cory every year I have to try to remember who's birthday is first, yours or Chris'. And then they pass and I forget all over again. I know I haven't wished you a Happy Birthday every year but I think about you every year and wish and hope for a Happy Birthday. It sounds like this year's birthday was extra special. We are so thrilled with your progress. I was telling Jenny recently that I see life so differently now... with Vic's Lucy and with your current trial. I am so sorry you are going through this but for what it's worth, I feel like a better person. We love you and you are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cory--Your progress is phenominal! We continue to pray for you and your sweet family. We marvel at your amazingly positive attitude and wonderful sense of humor. What a great example you are of how we should all face our trials. We will better appreciate each day because of your experience. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you. The Bergeson's

    ReplyDelete