Friday, June 26, 2009

Call me Jenny...


WE have an official release date....








JULY 2nd!!!




We are so excited....OK Cory is really excited. I am scared out of my mind. Yes it will be nice for him to finally be home for good, yes it will be nice to not have to drive 50miles a day, but this is going to be a LOT of work...so please keep the prayers coming MY way now ha ha I am kind of joking...I am excited too.

So today was different. This morning we had another really early morning. at 8 am Cory had a huge meeting (around 25 people) to assess his walking abilities (or the lack there of) and decide on what kind of braces Cory will need to help him be able to walk. Right now Cory has a few issues with his walking and so the braces should actually help him a lot. It was really intimidating for Cory though because he had to walk with his walker and his PT Nate holding him up in front of all these people and they were all talking about him as if he wasn't even in the room. The other interesting thing that he did was he was video taped for "educational" purposes for other people to see how crappy he is walking and see if they can learn how to properly diagnose him. So ya pretty much Cory is a movie star now...get your autographs now they are going to be worth something very soon.

After the evaluation they cast his legs. Oh and Cory got to pick out a cool color for his braces. We will debut them at a later date. I really just can't wait for the day that I can say "run Forrest...run" (that's why you can call me jenny) and the braces break off his legs as he runs as fast as he can...hey a girl can dream right.

Cory also got signed up for cooking class today. It was a lot of fun. He made cupcakes and did a dang good job, with hardly any spills. I was seriously amazed. The other people in the class were funny. This one lady looked and sounded just like Paula Dean...Cory and I were laughing with her the entire time. After she left the therapists said they had never see her smile as much as she did today so it made me feel good that we could make someone happy.

Cory also got another day pass for Sunday. Hopefully we will have a little bit more time to relax this week. But then again this is Cory we are talking about so I am sure he will have some crazy agenda. Also, next week Cory will get to go out with the therapists WITH OUT me so they can see how independent he is, so that should be fun.

Well that's pretty much it for today. I am sure I will have a lot to update after Cory's day home on Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! What wonderful news. Chaney if I ever meet you in person I think I would love you!! You crack me up and are so full of life. I love your sense of humor through everything, you have made a huge difference in your husbands life through this and I am sure of that. Congratulations on all of this, it is exciting. Per your request I will basically stop praying for Cory and focus on you now, your going to need it.;) lol......ok, mabey I will slip Cory in every so often. ha. Have a GREAT weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What encouraging news. Our family (Boulter girls as Cory would know us) have all been very worried about Cory. I am soooo relieved to know he's on the upswing of things and able to be reunited at home with you and the kids!
    Congratulations! Please give my love to Cory. Wish I could give him a big squeeze.

    ~Briana Boulter Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I haven't had access to a computer for a few days and just looked and low and behold...you are getting released TODAY!! I am so excited for ALL of you! Your little girls need their DADDY & they won't care if you have braces on your legs or not! Chances are they will want some snazzy new legs just like yours! Ha!
    Jenny (Chaney), get those chocolates ready too...Ha! You go girl...you ARE totally amazing and a great example of being there for your man! One day you will look back on this and really have "some" stories to share that will be such an inspiration to so many!
    Love you all & can't wait to see you & the family officially "out"!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete