Monday, June 1, 2009

8th and hopefully final


So since this whole ordeal started we have moved 7 times and hopefully tonight we made our 8th and final move before we go HOME!!!!

This afternoon Cory was accepted by the acute rehab center. So at about 6 pm tonight we went ahead and made the move. We were a little sad though that we didn't get to go back to our skilled nursing facility to say goodbye to all of the amazing people who worked with Cory. However, I have a feeling they haven't seen the last of us. Cory has expressed to me a number of times that he will go back to all of the places that he has been treated and visit not only the wonderful people that helped him get through this but also patients. He really feels the need to GIVE BACK after all is said and done. He has already been sharing some very cleaver plans that he has. I wont share them with you now but I am sure that if you follow the blog long enough you will see them come to pass.

Anyways, the most exciting things that happened today were first....HE HAS MOVEMENT IN IS ANKLES!!!!! Its very micro but if you look close there is no denying that its there. He is also having A LOT of PAIN in his feet which is GREAT!!!! Every time he starts having this really bad nerve pain in parts of his body its soon followed by more movement and then strength.

The next exciting thing that happened was Cory was able to eat his 2nd favorite meal which is from Rosa's Mexican Grill (its a restaurant my parents own). He was able to eat 2 cheese enchiladas with rice and beans...YEAH!!!!! I forgot to get him flan, his favorite dessert, but I guess that will just have to be a treat another day. All in all it was a perfect meal for his diet because it was the perfect soft texture for him to eat. He was such a happy boy that I was able to bring him that meal.

So, I have to apologize to those of you that have wanted to come see him lately. We have just been in limbo for about a week. But now that we are at a more permanent place again I will let you know where he is at. Again just e mail me at corysvisitors@gmail.com and I will let you know where he is. Thank you to everyone that have been able to visit. Right now is when Cory needs as much encouragement as he can get. We are really excited to start his intense rehab tomorrow but I also know that Cory is very very very nervous and needs everyones support now more than ever. So please try to remember him in your prayers as he starts this new endeavor.

2 comments:

  1. Viva la comida Mexicana!! Still praying. Keep eating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Cory! We are so happy that you get to move on to the rehab center. Things are progressing at great speed! You can't keep a car dealer down for long...!
    Also, Mexican Food? Wow!! I'll make a trial run of my "Softest" Choc Chip Cookies!
    Chaney, you'll have to turn this blog into your own little adventure book! Ha!
    Love you all & we'll keep those prayers coming...Kim

    ReplyDelete