Thursday, June 18, 2009

Shout OUT!!!

So this is Cory and Chaney this time...Cory is going to talk and I am going to type.

Hey this is Cory...today was a great day even though I feel completely beat up right now. How do I start...today I slept in till 7:50 am and then much to my surprise they brought in my schedule and they said that my OT started at 8:00am today instead of 9 am so I was still trying to wake up when they came. Let me explain that in the mornings, I don't know why, but my body has been extremely sore and hard to move. It takes me quite awhile to get myself up and moving. I was happy today even though it was early because the reason for the early morning was because I got to shower myself today. I am going to go ahead and start using my therapist names...they have started reading the blog too so hopefully they wont mind. (if they do I am sure they will tell me)

Anyways, I got to have a wonderful shower today with my OT Lindsi and Jenn. Don't worry my wife knows...ha ha tomorrow Chaney is going to come help too. Its crazy after being in the hospital awhile your sense of modesty goes to pot because you really don't have a choice. By the way tomorrow is Lindsi's last day...She has been GREAT and I am really going to miss her a lot. We have had some dang good times.

Now for ST. I want to give a special SHOUT OUT to Vasanti, Jennifer and Jackie. I worked with Jackie today for the first time and she actually had me do the "icing" to myself. It was cool because we actually used "ice" today in addition to the special metal ice stick we usually use...it about froze my face off. After that she wanted to see the blog so today part of our ST therapy was actually reading the blog. She was a little disappointed at the LACK of commenting on the ST so we decided to give this special shout out to ST. I had ST twice this morning so Vasanti read the blog to me wile Jennifer did the icing to me. It was cool because I haven't gotten to read the blog a whole bunch. So thanks Jenn and Vasanti. I wish we would have commented more on ST because I know its so important but then again there are only so many ways you can describe facial icing. (oh and vasanti i am touching my nose right now)

Afterwards while I was waiting for PT my friend Bryant came to visit me. He was able to stay for my 1/2 hr of PT and the 1/2 hr break after so we were able to talk. It worked out great. I just want to say thanks to Bryant and everyone who have come to visit me it has really meant a lot to me and I really appreciate it. It was cool because Bryant got to see me in PT stand with the parallel barres.

After a lunch of baked ziti I went to motor skills class for the second time with Jerry who is a previous stroke victim. I like it because he understands what we are going through. We basically exercise our upper bodies with pvc pipe type weights because regular weights would be too heavy. Jerry sits there and tells stories and motivates us while we do it. I really like that.

Next in PT my therapists Nate did E-Stim on my legs/ankles. It was a little uncomfortable but nothing compared to some of the other pains that I have experienced. It was also cool because the electrical shock gave me sensation in my feet. I say that because I haven't had any sensation in my feet since this has all began that Sunday night. And even though it was a shocking sensation it felt good to feel something in my feet.

My other surprise during PT was my friend Chris walked in with a car magazine and a Chick-fil-A bag. Needless to say I was able to enjoy an awesome Chick-fil-a sandwich and fries while we sat and talked.

Later Chaney came and couldn't resist taking a picture of me and my sandwich.

Well...dinner just got here and Chaney is probably tired of typing so until next time.

4 comments:

  1. Its great to see all the improvements. We are still praying for you guys. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love Chick-fil-a. Sounds like your doing so much better Cory and it was good to hear from you. As I read I thought of how far you have come and what a test this life is. I believe your faith and strength have done you well. You have a great family and dedicated nurses and doctors. I have prayed for you from day one and hoped that it would all turn out ok. It is always so wonderful to have a "happy ending". Keep up the good work and know you and your family are always being thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh is it ever sooooo good to see you actually hold up that sandwich and box! I think we can also see both sides of that famous SMILE!!! Awesome! Keep it up Cory and we are all Shouting out for those great therapists, Chaney & especially YOU for the great work you are all doing in there!
    Love you all tons...Kim
    PS. We'll keep those prayers coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Bet that sandwich was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete