Thursday, December 24, 2009

I will never bad talk spare change again!

Ok - I'm the guy who hates spare change...well..used to...

OK - I have thought for some time now that loose change and coins or antiquated and stupid (especially pennies.) I one of those guys that thinks that coins and bills should have been discarded a long time ago. Well.....I have been converted back to this out-dated form of currency exchange. Let me tell you why.

First of all - we've now moved twice since we've been married. Crazy enough, our spare change boxes and bottles and cups and mason jars and old miracle whip jars full of loose change that we empty out of our pockets and managed to move right along with us , including during this last move - some of it was even packed up in a box in storage because I was the one that frantically packed it up..just trying to hurry. Anyway - so we have spare change that's been adding up over at least the past three years..although probably closer to four. Here's where it got good. We had absolutely no money for Christmas, so one morning when I woke up, the bathroom door was closed and locked and the girls were running around the house doing their crazy stuff. I went into the closet and noticed a huge gaping hole where all of our collected change was supposed to be. I immediately realized what was going on and decided to keep the girls occupied. Well - so not to bore you - I'll skip ahead.

This christmas was definitely the less we've ever spent on Christmas (and rightfully so - you shouldn't be spending money if you don't have it.)

I'm going to change the name of our spare change to: CHRISTMAS CHANGE.

WE BASICALLY PAID FOR OUR LITTLE FRUGAL CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR WITH SPARE CHANGE!

Holy hannah...granted..it was quite a few years of change..but who cares...I would have never guess this little blessing. Never.

Thank you Chaney for even thinking that the change could do that. It was money sitting there that I wouldnt have considered because it's always there. Well..it's not there any more and we have gifts. Thank you loose change..or, i mean..Christmas change.

3 comments:

  1. Our change can(an old cannery can) has come in handy a few times! I'm glad yours saved your Christmas. :)

    P.S. I'm glad you are well enough to blog... :) I hope you keep getting better fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love change and now you know why!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cory..ive been following you and your wifes blogs for a while. it makes me so happy to be able to see youre doing good. you have no idea the inpact you played in my life. by constantly helping me get cars you alowed me to keep helping kids, adopting yet another one and take in my four nephews. i just cant thank you enough. for years ive been beging you to let me do something for you in return but you never agree. so here i am offering you some compensation...ive moved to hawaii! i live in a little house with my four kids in the jungle on the coast. if you ever want to come for a vacation you can stay at "hotel stephanie" for free (its a four star resort). we love kids here and would babysit in the evenings.please keep updateing the blog cuz i cant get enough of ruby tuesday!!!!

    ReplyDelete