Thursday, July 9, 2009

WEek 1

WE did it. We made it through our first week home. And I can't lie we have had a pretty rough go at it but hey we are alive and there's something to be said for that.

Cory started his out patient therapies this week and I think he really likes it. On Monday he had an evaluation so the PT would know what she had or doesn't have to work with (wink wink Cory's a little thin guy these days) Anyways, she made him do some pretty advanced moves that even made Cory a little impressed that he could do them. (Nate it was the stuff on that sheet that Cory was supposed to translate into Spanish for you and never did...we are still working on that ha ha) Cory's favorite part was he had to race against a timer. So he did each race three times and took average of the three to get his results. The first set of races was done with OUT his leg braces and the second set was WITH his braces. If I would have known that Cory was going to have so much fun at his evaluation I would have brought my camera...It was pretty entertaining.

Cory also had his first visit with his PCP and he decided to do another ultra sound of his legs. We are excited to say that we think we are in the clear as far as the blood clots in legs. Cory is even more excited that he can stop giving himself a shot in the tummy every morning.

Tuesday we got to have lunch with some really close friends of mine. After we decided to meet up with my dads family at BIG SURF water park. Cory didn't get in but he enjoyed watching Rubi and I swim and splash and go down the slides. We also gave Rubi her first Dip-n-dots and we got our fav. Blue Icee. We had a blast and for a moment life felt normal again.

Wednesday we spent relaxing. Cory actually didn't relax too much. He spent most of the day on the phone WORKING!!!! Yup you cant keep a work-a-holic away too long. HAHA he also got to go have a guys afternoon with my little brother and his friend. It was a well deserved and NEEDED afternoon for Cory.

Today Cory had PT again only this time is was aquatic. We didn't talk much about it after because as soon as he got into the car he made me take his shoes off because I guess he had a really hard time putting them on after therapy and its because one of his toes was curled under and he didn't know it. After the shoe came off he was in A LOT of PAIN!!! That's what he gets for not wearing his leg braces.

Which leads me to my next point....I want to give a shout out and introduce all of you to the new members of our family...now I hope you are sitting down for this one....


the wheel chair


the walker (we still need to add tennis balls to the bottom)


the shower bench (with arms and back)


the throne..affectionately known by Cory as the "B 1 Bomber" for reasons you can guess...


the braces...I bet you've never seem them in that color before haha. (Cory picked them out after I told him to go BIG or go home...he decided to do both) we are also narrowing it down to what vinyl sticker we want to put on the back of them...to be continued.

2 comments:

  1. So good to read about the progress! Love the braces and the B-1 Bomber - but shouldn't it be a B-2 Bomber? My suggestion for stickers would be something from the revolutionary war - "Don't Tread on me" or "Live Free or Die" [its the state motto for New Hampshire] though it may hit a little too close with everything you've been through. Braveheart's "Freedom!" would be fitting though I don't know what you'd find in the way of stickers. love you guys. Congrats on a week home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys! What a huge accomplishment...the first week home! I am sure Cory is loving being home with all of his girls. Chaney, you are a champ!!

    ReplyDelete